National Service Scheme (NSS)
This scheme was introduced in our college in the year 1979 with an enrolment of 100 volunteers.
The overall aim of National Service Scheme is to give an extension dimension to the higher education system and orient the student youth to community service while they are studying in educational institution.
- Orientation of NSS volunteers
- Campus work: Include Devpt. Of play ground, laying of gardens, tree plantation in the premises, awareness programmes on durgabuse, AIDS, population education etc.
- Institutional work: Include working for the welfare of women, children aged and disabled outside the campus.
- Rural project: Include working of NSS volunteers in adapted village for eradication of illiteracy, watershed management and wasteland devept. Health, Hygiene, Sanitation, Family life education etc.
- Urban projects: Include Adult education, welfare of slum dwellers, traffic control, setting up first – aid posts, work in hospitals, orphanages, destitute home, environment, population education, AIDS awareness, etc.
- Natural Calamities and National Emergencies.
- National Days and Celebrations.
- Nation programees: Include mass programme of functional Literacy, AIDS awareness programme and sustainable development with emphasis on watershed management & wasteland development.
- Cdt. Vinaykumar Biliyali, participated in Static Aero Modeling.
- Cdt. Suman Patil, participated in Flying.
- Cdt Jainabi Mulla has attend ‘Republic Day Camp’ held at Delhi during 31st Dec. 2011 to 28th January - 2012.
- She has participated in Aero-modeling. She has won three gold medals, - Radio Control Power, Radio Control Glider and Control Line
Aerobatics. She has won best aero modeler trophy.
- Our volunteer Miss. Nandita Haldankar was selected for State RD Parade, Bangalore from 14th to 27th January 2009.
- NSS Officer: Prof. S. S. Abbai