- Department Profile
- Program Objective (PO)
- Program Specific Objective (PSO)
- Research Areas
- Invited Talks
- Study Tour, Field Visit and Industry Visit
- Student Projects
- List of In-House Seminars Conducted
- Papers presented at National Conferences / Seminars
- Department Gallery
The PG Chemistry course was established in the year 2018-19 in Raja Lakhamagouda Science Institute. The course at R. L. Science Institute is designed to develop academic talent leading to challenging and rewarding professional life. Though the core branches of chemistry such as Organic, Inorganic and Physical are the main focus of the course, other emerging topics, such as Nanotechnology, Environmental Chemistry, Green Chemistry, Spectroscopy, Analytical Chemistry, and other interface branches are also added to expose students to new and exciting trends in present day research along with thorough fundamental knowledge of Chemistry.
There are a wide variety of career options for a PG in Chemistry. From teaching to research and development, the field of chemistry is wide and diverse. A PG in Chemistry opens up job opportunities in research and development institutions, industrial sector, government departments, health sector, laboratories and academia. Chemists can get jobs in pharmaceutical companies, petroleum companies, chemical industries, perfume industries etc. The field of chemistry is highly rewarding and lucrative field of study. You can also pursue research which expands the job horizons.
The department is conducting lectures from Industrial experts. Students from the department have participated and presented their project work in various national and International conferences. Some of the students have received best paper presentation awards. Students are visiting Industries, Research Centers every year for gaining practical knowledge regarding their project work and also some of students have completed internship work in Institutes and Industries.
PROGRAM OBJECTIVE (PO)
The student will be able to:
- Demonstrate, solve and an understanding of major concepts in all disciplines of chemistry
- Solve the problem and also think methodically, independently and draw a logical conclusion about chemicals science concepts
- Employ critical thinking and the scientific knowledge to design, carry out, record and analyze the results of chemical reactions
- Create an awareness of the impact of chemistry on the environment, society, and development outside the scientific community
- Find out the green route for chemical reaction for sustainable development
- To inculcate the scientific temperament in the students and outside the scientific community
PROGRAM SPECIFIC OBJECTIVE (PSO)
- Gains complete knowledge about all fundamental aspects of all the elements of chemistry
- To be able to acquire firm knowledge over fundamental theories, concepts of all branches of Chemistry and able to apply them to advanced studies. To be able to develop analytical thinking and apply the same for the understanding of underlining principles, proposing mechanism, problem solving , identification of chemical species and arriving to logical conclusion
- Appreciates the importance of various elements present in the periodic table, coordination chemistry and structure of molecules, properties of compounds, structural determination of complexes using theories and instruments.
- Gathers attention about the physical aspects of atomic structure, dual behavior, reaction pathways with respect to time, various energy transformations, molecular assembly in nanolevel, significance of electrochemistry, molecular segregation using their symmetry.
- Learns about the potential uses of analytical industrial chemistry, medicinal chemistry and green chemistry.
|SL NO||FACULTY||DESIGNATION||DOWNLOAD CV|
|1||Dr. Jagadish Hiremath||Lecturer||Download CV|
|2||Dr. Gangadhar Babaladimath||Lecturer||Download CV|
|3||Dr. Prashant Hiremath||Lecturer||Download CV|
Conducting polymers : Preparation and characterize of conducting material using biopolymers and monomers and using various techniques.
Graft copolymers and its nanocomposites polymers : Synthesis of graft copolymerization and its nanocomposite materials using polysaccharides with monomers for various applications
Corrosion and Electrochemical studies of biopolymers : preparation of electroelective conducting polymers of biopolymers for corrosion and conductivity studies.
Hydrogels for Drug Delivery and Waste Water Treatment : synthesis of natural polysaccharides based grafted hydrogels for drug and industrial waste water treatment.
Environmental Chemistry Medicinal chemistry
- Material Science / Nanotechnology
- Physical/analytical characterization of novel organic compounds
- Synthetic Chemistry
Drug Molecules: Synthesis of new drug molecules by Green Chemistry.
Heterocyclic compound: Design, Synthesis and characterization of new medicinally important Heterocyclic compounds.
Biological evaluation: Synthesis of novel heterocyclic compounds and evaluated for their biological activities like, anti-cancer, anti-tuberculoses, anti-microbial, anti-inflammatory activity etc. and study there medicinal importance.
Molecular Docking Study: Molecular docking studies of synthesized drug molecules.
Material Science / Nanotechnology: Nonmaterial is synthesized by Sol-gel, Emulsification method. Its applications are used in various medical, waste water treatments etc.
- Silver nanocomposite of hydrogel of Gum ghatti with potential antibacterial property Gangadhar Babaladimath and Vishalakshi Badalamoole Journal of Macromolecules Science: Part A Pure and applied Chemistry, 2019, 10, 56
- Gellan Gum based silver naocomposite hydrogel: preparation characterization and antibacterial study Sharanappa C., Ambresh PAmbalgi., GangadharBabaladimath Materials today proceedings, 2019, 23, 3937-3945.
- An Eco friendly synthesis Characterization and antibacterial applications of gellan gum based silver nanocomposites hydrogel Ashwini Rayar, Gangadhar Babaladimath, Ambresh Ambalgi, Sharanappa Chapi Materials today proceedings 2020, 23, 211-220.
- Biodegradable Tragacanth gum-based grafted silver nanocomposite hydrogel for sustained release formulations of Diclofenac sodium and antibacterial assay Gangadhar Babaladimath and Sharanappa Chapi International Journal of Biological Macremolcules, (2021) (Under Review)
- Novel pH-sensitive microsphres of Gellan gum-Sodium aliginate for cotrolled release of ketoprofen: A chronotherapevtic approach for arthritis Jagadish Hiremath International journal of Pharmaceutical Science and Research, (2021) (Under Review)
|SL NO||NAME OF THE GUEST SOEAKER & ADDRESS||TOPIC||DATE|
|01||Mr. Kallappa Kabadaji Senior Scientist, Sigma Aldrich Pharmaceutical Ltd, Bengaluru||Chemical Science–Importance and Scopes||30-10-2019|
STUDY TOUR / FIELD VISIT / INDUSTRY VISIT
|S L NO||PLACE OF VISIT||PURPOSE||DATE|
|01||Basic Science Research Centre, Belagavi.||Theory & practical Knowledge of HPLC, GCMS, Tablet Dissolutions instruments etc||12/11/2019|
STUDENTS PROJECTS 2019-20
|SL NO||NAME OF THE SUPERVISOR||NAME OF THE STUDENT||TITLE OF THE PROJECT|
|01||Dr. Jagadish Hiremath||Mr. Kedarnath K.M Miss .Susmita R.B. Mr. Dattu N.K||Synthesis and characterization of pH- sensitive Guar gum based hydrogels|
|02||Dr.Gangadhar Babaladmath||Miss Pooja D. Mr. Sachin G.||Green synthesis of silver nanoparticles using Neem (Azadirachta indica) leaf extract|
|Mr. Sachin T. J.||Studies of Structural, Thermal and Analysis of In-Vitro Drug Release of Hydrogel Beads Loaded With Gold Nanoparticles|
|03||Dr. Jyoti M. Madar||Miss Veda Shivapoojimath,||Design, Synthesis and Characterization Studies of Structurally Identical Alcohol, ester and ketones|
|Miss Vidya Pammar Mr. Roshan Inmadar||Natural and Synthetic Coumarin as potential Anti-cancer agent|
LIST OF IN-HOUSE SEMINARS CONDUCTED
STUDENTS PARTICIPATED AND PRESENTED PAPERS AT NATIONAL CONFERENCES / SEMINARS
|SL NO||NAME OF THE STUDENT||SEMINAR / CONFERENCES / WORKSHOPS TITLE / TOPIC||VENUE||DATE|
|1||Miss.Veda Shivapujimath||One day national seminar on applications of NMR and Mass spectroscopy in chemistry||B. K. College, Belagavi||25-02-2019|
|2||Miss Pooja Donawade|
|3||Mr Kedarnath K Merava|
|4||Miss Vidya Pammar|
|5||Miss Sushmita R B|
|6||Miss.Veda Shivapujimath||Two days national seminar on global warming : Reasons,Challenges and solutions||GSS College, Belagavi||15-03-2019|
|7||Miss Vidya Pammar|
|8||Mr Kedarnath K Merava|
|9||Mr Dattu Kangralkar|