YOUTH RED CROSS
Youth Red Cross (YRC) is a constituent of Indian Red Cross Society (IRCS). The IRCS was established in 1920 under the Indian Red Cross Society Act and incorporated under the Parliament Act XV of 1920. The act was last amended in 1992 and of rules were formed in 1994. It is a member of the International Federation of the Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies and is recognized by the International Committee of the Red Cross.
In accordance with the Fundamental Principles of the International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement, namely: Humanity, Impartiality, Neutrality, Independence, Voluntary Service, Unity, and Universality the Indian Red Cross Society acts as an auxiliary to the state in the carrying out of humanitarian activities. It also provides a range of services, including disaster relief, health, and social welfare programmes in the country. During wartime, the society works as auxiliary to the armed forces medical services andassists the affected civilian as per the Geneva Conventions. Indian Red Cross is a voluntary Humanitarian organization having a network of over 700 branches throughout the country, providing relief in times of disasters/emergencies and promotes health and care of the vulnerable people and communities.
Government of Karnataka has visualized the need for grooming the youths for the newgeneration and as come out with a historic order to enroll the youths by all colleges by affiliating to Indian Red Cross Society under the banner of Youth Red Cross.
Youth Red Cross is a platform where youth can exhibit their talent, skills, knowledge, ability towards the welfare of the people and Primarily Youth Red Cross focuses on Health, Service & Friendship.
Youth Red Cross (YRC) aims at inculcating 7 fundamental principles of the Red Cross movement.
- Voluntary Service
MissionThe Mission of the Indian Red Cross Society is to prevent and alleviate suffering with complete impartiality, making no discrimination as to nationality, race, sex, religious beliefs, language, class, or political opinions.
- Inculcating in youth ideals and practice of service in relation to:
- Taking care of their own health and that of others
- Understanding and accepting civic responsibility
- Promotion of volunteerism
- Promotion of national and international understanding and goodwill by using their international link of the movement
Responsibilities of Youth Red Cross
- Promotion of Health, Awareness about HIV / AIDS
- Awareness campaign on hazards of drug addiction
- Awareness about Health programs, Service to others
- Providing First Aid for wounded / sick, Relief work during emergencies
- Dissemination of Red Cross Movement, Developing Friendship, State & National Integration Camps
- Communal harmony, Literacy campaign / youth exchange program
- Understanding & accepting of civil responsibilities.
|Smt. Megha Galagali||Asst. Prof. in Physics||2021-22 to till date|