ABOUT SC/ST CELL
Vision, Mission & Functions
The Scheduled Caste (SC) and Scheduled Tribes (ST) Cell in the institute promotes the special interests of students in the reserved category and guides the students to utilise the benefits of the schemes offered by the Government. The SC/ST cell of the K.L.E. Society’s Raja Lakhamagouda Science Institute (Autonomous), Belagavi adheres to the guidelines of the UGC and state government with respect to the upliftment of the students and employees belonging to the SC/ST categories and other weaker classes.
"To ensure the effective implementation of the reservation policy in admission, recruitment, allotment of staff quarters, Hostels etc. SC/ST Cells is established in the K.L.E. Society’s Raja Lakhamagouda Science Institute (Autonomous), Belagavi".
- To counsel and guide SC/ST students and help them to manage academic issues effectively.
- To provide the mechanism to redress the grievance of SC/ST students, if any.
- To arrange for special opportunities to enhance the carrier growth.
- To aware the SC/ST students regarding various scholarships program of State Govt. and UGC.
- To ensure protection and reservation as provided in the constitution of India.
- To review and follow up measures taken to achieve the objectives and targets laid down by the Government and the UGC for SC/ST students.
Functions of the Special Cells
- To collect reports and information regarding the Government of India orders on the various aspects of education, training and employment of Scheduled Castes and Scheduled Tribes candidates
- To deal with representations received from Scheduled Castes and Scheduled Tribes candidates regarding their admission, recruitment, promotion and other similar matters in College.
- To function as a Grievances Redressal Cell for the Grievances of SC/ST students and employees of the college and render them necessary help in solving their academic as well as administrative problems.
- Any other work assigned from time to time to promote higher education among these two communities suffering economic, social and education deprivations.
- The SC/ST Cell exclusively looks after the work related to SC/STs matters and no other work is assigned to the Cell.
- As per UGC & University guideline, the SC/ST committee is constituted. The cell functions on the objectives defined and conducts meeting twice an academic year.
|1||Dr. (Smt.) J. S. Kawalekar
|2||Dr. B. G. Bevinkatti
Associate Professor in Chemistry
|3||Ms. S. N. Sarikar
Assistant Professor in Mathematics
|4||Shri. A. S. Pujar
Associate Professor in Physics
|5||Ms. Indrayani Navrekar
B.Sc III Year