GRIEVANCE REDRESSAL COMMITTEE
As suggested by University Grants Commission, New Delhi, The K. L. E. Society’s Raja Lakhamagouda Science Institute (Autonomous), Belagavihas established a Grievance Redressal Committee,to provide a mechanism for redressal of student’s grievances and ensure the transparency in admission, and prevention of unfair practices, etc. The function of the cell is to look into the complaints lodged by any student, and judge its merit. The Grievance committee is also empowered to look into matters of harassment. Anyone with a genuine grievance may approach the Grievance Redressal Committeemembers in person, or in consultation with the Chairman/Co-ordinator of Grievance Redressal Committee. In case the person is unwilling to appear in self, grievances may be dropped in writing at the letterbox/ suggestion box of the Grievance committee at Administrative Block. Grievances may also be sent through e-mail to the Chairman/Co-ordinator of Student's Grievance Committee.The institution aims at solving the grievances of the students within stipulated time.
- To develop a responsive and accountable attitude among all the stakeholders in order to maintain a harmonious educational atmosphere in the institute.
- Upholding the dignity of the College by ensuring strife free atmosphere in the College through promoting cordial Student-Student relationship and Student-teacher relationship etc.
- Encouraging the Students to express their grievances/problems freely and frankly, without any fear of being victimized.
- Advising Students of the College to respect the right and dignity of one another and show utmost restraint and patience whenever any occasion of rift arises.
- Advising all staffs to be affectionate to the Students and not behave in a vindictive manner towards any of them for any reason.
- Ragging in any form is strictly prohibited in and outside the institution. Any violation of ragging and disciplinary rules should be urgently brought to the notice of the Principal.
The cases will be attended promptly on receipt of written grievances from the students.The committee formally will review all cases and will act accordingly as per the Management policy.
The committee will deal with Grievances received in writing from the students about any of the following matters:
- Academic Matters: Related to timely issue of duplicate Mark-sheets, Transfer Certificates, Conduct Certificates or other examination related matters.
- Financial Matters: Related to dues and payments for various items from library, hostels etc.
- Other Matters: Related to certain misgivings about conditions of sanitation, preparation of food, victimization by teachers etc.
Mechanism of the Grievance Redressal Committee
- Grievance redressal committee (GRC) shall consider only individual grievances of specific nature of students and staff.
- The cases will be attended promptly on receipt of written grievances from the students.
- The committee formally will review all cases and will act accordingly as per the Management policy.
- The GRC shall not consider any grievance of general applicability or of collective nature of raised collectively by more than one employee/student.
- The GRC may mediate between complainant and defendant against who the complaint has been made, it required.
- GRC shall consider redressing of grievances within a reasonable time.
- The committee will give report to the authority about the cases attended to and the number of pending cases, if any, which require direction and guidance from the higher authorities.
Procedure for lodging Complaint
- The students may feel free to drop the writing (can be anonymous if required) in the grievance/ suggestion box.
- The Grievance committee will act upon those cases which have been forwarded along with the necessary documents.
- The Grievance committee will assure that the grievance has been properly solved in a stipulated time limit provided by the committee.
- Students can register their complaints firstname.lastname@example.org
|Dr. (Smt). J.S.Kawalekar,
|Smt. A. M. Bagawan
Assistant Professor in Physics
|Miss. S. N. Sarikar
Assistant Professor in Mathematics
|Smt. M. C. Hunashibheej
Head, Dept. of Kannada
|Shri. H. N. Bannur
Head, Dept. of English
|Dr. S.M. Bulbuli
|Shri. U. B. Desai
|Miss. Neha Salunke
B. Sc. II Year